3 Day YEAR END SALE!!!
Pushbike is having a year end blowout sale! ALL CLOTHING 20-50% OFF! extra markdowns on various bags and accessories! IN-STORE ONLY!
Pushbike Jerseys 20% OFF (sizes are moving fast on the Team Jersey, so show up early)
Jeans 25% OFF
All Jackets 25% OFF (swrve Milwaukee, Endura waterproofs included!)
Knickers 30% OFF
Shorts 30% OFF
Special Clothing rack 50% OFF
$10 pushbike tees!
10% OFF R.E.Load Bags, 10% OFF ILE Bags, 15% OFF Fabric Horse, 10% OFF Rickshaw Bags
THURSDAY DEC 29TH 1PM-7PM , FRIDAY DEC 30TH 1PM-7PM, SATURDAY DEC 31ST 12-4PM
BLOWOUT SALE IN-STORE ONLY, NOT OFFERED ONLINE!
Pushbike has their online store up now! If you ever wondered what kind of goodies Pushbike offers or was too broke the last time you visited, you can grab it at their online store. It's always nice to chop it up with Sarah and the gang, but hey, if you're too far or too lazy, go here now.
Their online shop has been updated with Pushbike Team Jerseys, hard to find Freight Bags, PB x R.E.Load bags not available anywhere else, and plus other great stuff.
Mission Workshop reinvents their Rucksack, Messenger, and Fitzroy bag with their new ARKIV closure system. It looks classy, and if it's coming from MWS, you know they put a lot of work into creating something better, not just different.
Peep the bags here.
Yup, I'm leveraging my blog to win a D300 from Chrome for their "I'm a McKenzie, You're a McKenzie" photo contest. Like my photo and if I win, I promise to:
1. Shoot more
2. Shoot more drunk photos
3. Shoot more bike photos
4. Shoot more (make your requests)
5. Fight Sean Martin
Click through to the photo here.
The TCB party was awesome. Everyone old and new came by and I even got to see some faces I haven't seen in years. Too bad Dear Mom's shut down at 11pm, but thanks to Sean John for opening his spot for the after party. Thanks for another couch pass out!
While everyone recovers and eventually gets photos out (the one of me looking like Spiderman doesn't count), here are John's photos that highlight that TCB isn't just a business, it's a family. Who knows that feel?
Spokeland Co Op has a swap meet this Sunday. If the flyer's too fancy for you, here it is:
1121 64th Oakland (One block west of San Pablo)
Dec 18th, 12pm-5pm
Free to the public, $10 for Vendors
Come out and show some support!
This is not about SF. This is about awesome cycling shoes. Quoc Pham Cycling Shoes are top notch fashionable cycling shoes made for everyday use. They look less like your clipless Sidis and more like a pair of classic Italian lace ups. Nothing beats leather in comfort and wear; try a pair of synethics and leather, and you'll notice the difference.
And if you are out in Taipei, GO!
Saturday night, I kept telling Anton in a drunken rage "Talk to All City. Get your bio up and let's get you working." Today, I get to read Anton's profile about his All City's Rider Bio page next to the likes of Austin Horse and Christina Peck. Congrats, bro! I feel swollen with pride right now as this has been a long time comin.
SF2G feels like a bicycle club, but has no real structure. For all commuters, and serious to non serious riders, there is a message board for anyone who wants to commute, but not alone. With 3 different options of skill level, anyone has a chance.
Thank God because it gets hella boring seeing sunshine, and beautiful scenery when you're not sharing it with others. If anyone rides up or down the Peninsula for work, contact this message board!
Supermarket Street Sweep was a blast! 3 hour time limit, and some seriously fun hill climbing. Congrats to Adam Shapiro!
Photos from Koshi , John Reiss, & Jenny
Check out the winners!
Total raised in 2011:
$9,652! (Plus and extra $140 that was collected the day of the race.)
Last year: $4,917 So we very close to doubling last year's total!
$9,652 donated = 38,608 pounds of food
$9,652 donated = 38,608 meals = 1,475 more meals than all of the past street sweeps combined = food for 105 people for a whole year
$9,652 donated = $57,912 of food
Brad Simeral - $6570.30
Chava Kronenberg - $2097.16
Koshi - $407.69
Melissa Anderson - $297.69
Nicholas Navarro - $278.85
The race began at 12:42pm. Here are weight totals and completion times for the Speed Race:
2) Male - Sean Sevilla - 367 lbs.
2) Female - Susan King - 109 lbs.
3) Male - Terry Curley - 241 lbs.
3) Female - Emily + Murphy - 106 lbs. (tandem)
4) Male - Brad Simeral - 234 lbs.
4) Female - Jenn B - 79 lbs.
5) Male - Ted Ketai - 147 lbs.
5) Female - Pamela - 72 lbs.
6) Male - Corey - 138 lbs.
6) Female - Reese - 64 lbs.
7) Male - Nick Birth - 124 lbs.
7) Female - Shanie - 52 lbs.
8) Male - Judah - 110 lbs.
8) Female - Jess - 40 lbs.
9) Male - Steve Lok - 90 lbs.
9) Female - L.C. - 30 lbs.
10) Male - Wes W. - 76 lbs.
10) Female - Kirsten - 25 lbs.
11) Male - Jorge C. - 73 lbs.
11) Female - Mari - 21 lbs.
12) Male - Nate Clack - 55 lbs.
12) Female - Nancy - 16 lbs.
13) Male - Matt Crocker - 32 lbs.
13) Female - Jenn C. - 16 lbs.
14) Male - Derrick - 17 lbs.
14) Female - Alia - 15 lbs.
15) Male - Kit - 32 lbs.
16) Male - Sev - 29 lbs.
17) Male - Paul - 28 lbs.
18) Male - Dewey - 21 lbs.
19) Male - Nicholas Navarro - 16 lbs.
20) Male - Carl H. - 12 lbs.
21) Male - Al Lin - 11 lbs.
2) Male - Greg McQuaid - 1 hr., 59 min.
2) Female - Ruth Emerson - 2 hrs., 21 min.
3) Male - Chris Phipps - 1 hr., 59 min.
3) Female - Claire Porter - 2 hrs., 42 min.
4) Male - Chas - 2 hrs., 1 min.
4) Female - Tori - 2 hrs., 42 min.
5) Male - Steven Tortorelli - 2 hrs., 5 min.
5) Female - Ulrika - 2 hrs., 42 min.
6) Male - Loren - 2 hrs., 19 min.
6) Female - Mandy - 2 hrs., 48 min.
7) Male - Ryan Gerlach - 2 hrs., 19 min.
7) Female - Erica - 2 hrs., 48 min.
8) Male - Louis E. - 2 hrs., 19 min.
8) Female - Melanie - 2 hrs., 48 min.
9) Male - Eric Greenwood - 2 hrs., 19 min.
9) Female - Veronica - 2 hrs., 54 min.
10) Male - Justin Plue - 2 hrs., 24 min.
10) Female - Megan S. - 3 hrs.
11) Male - Jeremiah Steele - 2 hrs., 27 min.
11) Female - May Woo - 3 hrs., 5 min.
12) Male - Jessie Fernandez - 2 hrs., 33 min.
12) Female - Chava Kronenberg - 3 hrs., 6 min.
13) Male - Judd Blair - 2 hrs., 34 min.
13) Female - Laura - 3 hrs., 10 min.
14) Male - Peter R. 2 hrs., 35 min.
14) Female - Carrie - 3 hrs., 17 min.
15) Male - Jason Thorpe - 2 hrs., 36 min.
16) Male - Ken Ho - 2 hrs., 41 min.
17) Male - Kevin Mihovich - 2 hrs., 42 min.
18) Male - Patrick Myall - 2 hrs., 43 min.
19) Male - Emerson - 2 hrs., 43 min.
20) Male - Daniel Kim - 2 hrs., 44 min.
21) Male - Clay D. - 2 hrs., 44 min.
22) Male - Brandon H. - 2 hrs., 46 min.
23) Male - Dyami - 2 hrs., 44 min.
24) Male - Jason Ferrier - 2 hrs., 50 min.
25) Male - Morgan Allen - 2 hrs. 50 min.
26) Male - Tim Gross - 2 hrs., 50 min.
27) Male - Neil Berrett - 2 hrs., 50 min.
28) Male - Edward O., 2 hrs. 54 min.
29) Male - Randy R. - 2 hrs., 54 min.
30) Male - Carlos - 2 hrs., 58 min.
31) Male - Judah M. - 2 hrs., 58 min.
32) Male - Keith B. - 2 hrs., 58 min.
33) Male - Andrew C. - 2 hrs., 58 min.
34) Male - Sean Martin - 2 hrs., 59 min.
35) Male - Chris N. - 3 hours
36) Male - Adam Gerhart - 3 hrs., 6 min.
37) Male - Shaggy - 3 hrs., 9 min.
38) Male - Francisco - 3 hrs., 11 min.
39) Male - Gabe - 3 hrs., 11 min.
40) Male - Errol - 3 hrs., 12 min.
41) Male - Nick H. - 3 hrs., 13 min.
42) Male - Mike D - 3 hrs., 13 min.
43) Male - Benjoaquin - 3 hrs., 14 min.
44) Male - Tom K. - 3 hrs., 14 min.
45) Male - Steve L. - 3 hrs., 17 min.
46) Male - Ben Nathan - 3 hrs., 18 min.
Hey all you non California & DC residents, Chrome's got a contest with their new limited edition gear. Here's what you can win :
Round trip airfare for two to Chicago
Accommodations for three nights
2 custom Miller High Life Citizen messenger bags made to order at the Chrome Chicago Shop
Ground transportation to Milwaukee
A VIP Tour of the Miller Brewery in Milwaukee
Beer sampling at the Bavarian-style Miller Inn
Two Tickets For the Annual “Holiday Lites” Festival in downtown Milwaukee’s Miller Valley
Thanks for sending this over. Enter the contest here
I have to repost this. After their track stable wasn't selling well, Cannondale called Prolly. After some conversation, Prolly convinced Cannondale to go back to 93 and will be reissuing those models. Now here's my gripe:
- They're called Tarck 100.
- They will be made in Taiwan.
- Their complete bikes will come with Sun tubular rims.
For a company who rooted themselves on their aluminum craftsmanship in America, why not go all the way? Rather than listening to Prolly, Cannondales going with options that suit them. Regardless, I got a lot of respect for Prolly and I'm glad to see companies like Cannondale are listening to him.
Spotted at Prolly.
USA! USA! USA!
I went down to ADT earlier this year and the wooden banks are gnarly. It's free and beers are cheap so show up! Come support the velodromes so that more events like these will happen. Please pass this on!
Tipped from Tracko
This Thanksgiving, I'll be participating in Rapha's Turkey Takeoff : Burn 9000 Calories between November 23rd to 27th. While everyone will be feasting on large dinners, breakfasts, lunches, then back to dinners, remember to get out there and ride. Complete the challenge, and you'll receive a Rapha Turkey Takeoff badge. It's a great incentive to do what you're already doing so join up and do the challenge with me!
Screw Best Buy, Wal Mart, and any other large department store this Black Friday and score up on some bike deals. And although I haven't seen anything from Ben's Cycles, keep your eyes peeled because their deals are always pretty awesome. And as more looms out, I'll continue to update this.